Skip to main content

Finish Along [Quarter 4]

My third quarter goals were a little ambitious, weren't they? Especially given how well I seem to be coping with pregnancy... From the original list of 9 projects I have two finishes.

The second finish of the quarter is the one I shared with you earlier this week - my Rhubarb and Custard Quilt. This was a WIP for over three years, so I'm thrilled that I can finally call this one finished and get ready to hang it in the nursery!

The other finish is one that I totally forgot to blog about! Remember these hexagons?

They became these three mini quilts which were my contribution for the sample swap at the Fat Quarterly Retreat.

That leaves quite a few projects which I didn't get finished.... the Three Peaks quilt, my Neon Stained quilt, the double wedding ring quilt, my own BOM quilt and the Indian Summer baby quilt are all untouched. Exactly as they were back at the start of July.

My hexagon table runner has progressed - I've pieced the back and basted it. I want to hand quilt it but I'm still not sure quite how.

I have made another Fireworks block

My Vignette quilt has moved forward - I've been piecing more blocks and done a small amount of embroidery.

And the BOMs have seen a mixed result: I'm totally up to date with the Lucky Stars BOM, I've gradually been hand sewing the EPP blocks for the Skill Builder BOM, but I haven't touched the Sisters BOM...

I'm up to date with the City Sampler QAL and I've done a few more blocks from my Dear Jane quilt.

Pop back next week and see just how ambitious my Q4 list is :)

Linking up with Leanne for my hexie mini quilts finish.
she can quilt

Comments

Grit's Life said…
Oh what a Great Post everything is so wonderful. I Love your hexie Place mats.
Gereinigt grit

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more