Skip to main content

Snowballs and Jelly Rolls

Back in October I started a Jelly Roll Sampler quilt with a Jelly Roll of Amelia from Me and My Sister for Moda and the book Jelly Roll Sampler Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott. I did 7 of the 18 blocks, then came Christmas stsitching. When I got the box out again after Christmas I didn't like it as much so didn't touch it.

At the beginning of April, two things happened. Lynne at Lily's Quilt introduced the quilty world to a UK charity called Siblings Together, and started a drive to collect quilts that could be donated to siblings separated by the UK foster system. If you want some more info, you can check out the Flickr groups here.

Quilts for Siblings Together
And Rhonda at Quilter in the Gap opened the sign ups for Finish Along quarter 2.
So I signed up for both. I've done some individual blocks to donate to some lovely ladies making up quilts for siblings together, and today I finally got the Amelia box back out.

Today I made nine blocks. They are dead easy and very relaxing. These are the sixteen completed blocks. There are two more sampler blocks then seventeen snowball blocks. The fabrics are very busy and bright, but the it's going to be a very happy quilt, and I'm sure a girl somewhere will get great comfort from it. If I can finish it :)

Comments

Cherie said…
Great blocks! I like how each one is different =D

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more