Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday [accidental fussy cuts]

I've been working on a few projects this week - one with a plan and one very much without a plan.

I accidentally made one of the foundation pieced Mix Tape Blocks from the latest issue of Love Patchwork and Quilting at the weekend (I got some rather interesting likes and new followers on Instagram with #mixtape!). And then I accidentally made another one, and another. Originally I didn't think I would find enough fabrics to fussy cut for the spools and the labels, but so far so good. I have no idea how many I'll end up with or what I'll do with them!

I leave my sewing out in the dining room at home, and when my husband got home from work on Monday, he asked if I was feeling ok - given the patchwork I had made. I looked at him quizzically and he pointed out the fussy cut label on one of the mix tape blocks. I totally did not intend to "f the world"!


The project with a plan is my nested churn dash quilt. The pattern is by Quilt Jane and I am close to being ready to make up the quilt top. I have two 24" blocks, two 16" blocks, seven 8" blocks and fourteen 4" blocks. I just need to cut the background fabric and decide whether to border or not.





I've also been doing some hand embroidery for the Big Stitch Swap. Now to make something with these little panels.


I have a few other things in the works...but for the moment I'll link up with WIP Wednesday because my daughter requires attention - the kind Daddy can't help with!

Comments

I sure love those mix tapes! Super fun!
mumasu said…
Those tapes are good and I love the embroideries :)
pennydog said…
Hahaha I really enjoyed your f the world block, genius :D
CapitolaQuilter said…
Adorable mix tape retro blocks. I didn't jump on board the churn dash train but certainly do love them
Kristin said…
LOVE the mixed tape blocks!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more