Skip to main content

Finish Along Q4 [round up]

Let's be honest, my list for Q4 was a little ambitious, wasn't it? Even I'm surprised with how much I achieved!

My final finish for the quarter is a towel for Mia - one of those projects I have put off and put off for absolutely no reason! It probably took me about 30 minutes start to finish! But I have loads of the flannel left, so there will probably be a few more in some nice garish colours if I can find some in the sales! The flannel is from Riley Blake.



Here is a round up of the progress made on the rest of the list.... Schnitzel and Boo mini swap: I finished this and got it posted in time. Tracking tells me it was delivered. Pity my partner hasn't seen fit to acknowledge its arrival. I still plan on making the same quilt for myself in the future - all the fabric is cut, but I'm all curved out for a while!



I finished the UK Easy Swap Sew Together Bag.



By a whisker I finished Mia's advent calendar before the start of December! It was a hit with Mia and this has to be my favourite finish of the quarter. I hope to make her a matching stocking for next Christmas - and I also plan to start it in January!



I didn't have quite so much success with the baby quilts I listed: The inside addition quilt saw some progress. But still needs a lot of work to be finished. I'm aiming for the baby in question's 1st birthday now: 1st April! The grey and yellow quilt has not moved! But the pink plusses was a finish early in the quarter!



I also finished my Karen Lewis mini.



There were four cushions on the list this time round. My rainbow slivers cushion sadly remains untouched but the other three are all finished: rainbow squared for me (despite what Mia says);



The camper-van cushion...



... and the rainbow cushion.


I admitted that the next section of my original list was unrealistic when I wrote it back in October. And it turned out to be so. I did make a load of progress on the Moccasin quilt. All of the blocks are finished and I just need to do the final piecing to get a complete quilt top, so although it isn't finished, I'm happy with progress, The Gravity Quilt remained untouched. And the Christmas quilt which needs all the quilting unpicking remains in the drawer in disgrace. Maybe one day we'll be able to snuggle under it at Christmas. But not 2015. The pixelated heart quilt also stayed untouched.

But Mia has a dress and loves it! I love it too and I'm so proud that I managed to make a dress that fits her and looks good. Hopefully there will be more of these in my future. Oh and the three quilts I need to finish for my mother-in-law. Nope!


That makes 10 finishes! I'm so pleased to see that the Finish Along will continue into 2016 and I'm already thinking about the realities (and impossibilities) I want to include for quarter 1 2016! For now, I shall link up these final finishes with Adrianne @ On the Windy Side - thanks for a great finish along year, Adrianne!
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

Comments

Nicky said…
Love the towel and the rest - well done on so many finishes. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.
Allison said…
I love your ambition! And I especially like the quilting you've done on the half square triangle mini quilt. Enjoy your finishes through 2016 ☺
I love Mia's Advent calendar!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more