Skip to main content

2016 Review Part 1 [Family]

My reviews of the year are getting longer... I've split this years into 3! So part one is all about family. Whilst 2016 has been dubbed the year of the celebrity death, and has been the year of some pretty dubious political decisions on both sides of the Atlantic, in our little bubble, 2016 was a good year.

Mia turned two in February, and in April, Jessica joined the family after a very, very long nine months!

Most of the rest of this post is just photos of the girls!


Mia's Second Birthday Party

Showing off her new jumper from Gran















Loving her new room

Mia and her cousin, Ellie-Jo - these girls are going to run rings round us as they grow up!




Christmas morning

Mia is nearly 3 now: she doesn't stop talking, she's very bright and her imaginative play is fabulous. Just watching her being busy is enough to wear me out! She moved into her new bedroom and big-girl bed in October and is turning into a little girl, rather than a toddler. Sometimes I forget she's still only 2!

Jessica is 8 months old. She is crawling, and loves to stand up and walk with support. While Mia didn't walk until she was 14 months old, I think Jessica will be much quicker. Jessica has also found her voice and joins in all our conversations. Her sleeping is pretty good, despite having had a cold for the last 6 weeks, and she loves her food. She is definitely not our baby any more, but an independent, beautiful little person in her own right.

2017 will see me start a new, full-time job, for the first time since having Mia. This will mean less time with the girls for me, which is sad, but I'm looking forward to new challenges. Speaking of challenges, we have potty training to look forward to, and the end of the dummy! Mia will also start nursery later in the year - something she's already looking forward to.

Quilty coverage will resume soon with my revew of the year parts 2 and 3!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more