Skip to main content

The List: An Update

You may or may not be aware that I am the proud curator of The List! I have a bullet journal, which I couldn't live without - it's what makes me productive and stops me forgetting things. Most things. And in that bullet journal is The List.


The List is a list of all of my current Works in Progress (WIPs). As the start of the year I had over 120 WIPs. I have certain friends, hereafter referred to as The Committee, who believe that 120 items is too many. The problem is that I am a sucker for a sew-along, and go bananas for a block of the month, and there are just so many good ones out there. And the start of the year is a bad time - everyone has new projects and I sign up for them. If you follow my blog regularly, you will be aware that I do also finish a fair few projects, but the ratio is generally to start more than I finish in any given month.
The Splendid Sampler. I've made lots of blocks, but not enough, and I'm not sure of a setting
Down The Rabbbit Hole: held up by the thought of all that applique, but back out and experiencing some progress
The List has long term projects on it: the earliest dates back to 2011 (if not earlier): that's my Vignette quilt. It's still on the list because I still love it and one day I would like to finish it. Other projects of a similar age have fallen off the list as I have fallen out of love with them and disposed of them in various ways. But the odd one remains. And the likelihood is that it isn't going anywhere soon.

My La Passacaglia quilt: very much still loved, but not added to in some time.
A double Wedding Ring Quilt, all cut out...
Then there are the ones I haven't started yet. They still count as a Work In Progress because they are needed in the near future. This part of the list includes things like an advent calendar for Joshua - I haven't started it yet, but need to soon to get it finished in time for December.

My original City Sampler which was I made whilst pregnant with Mia: I love the dense quilting, but with no deadline, it always gets pushed to the back of the queue.
Delilah... but hand piecing just wasn't doing it for me, so changed to sewing machine... but I still have to fight the templates
And in between are all the beautiful projects I continue to work on. Some slowly some fast! Earlier this year I had a serious review of the list. I removed some of those unstarted items that had sat on the list for a long time and remained unstarted. They've been moved to a bucket list, and I'm sure that gradually things will be moved from one list to the other. I also thought about projects that hadn't been touched for a long time and decided what to do with them if I didn't really love them anymore. One large project, for which I made only 5 of the required 20 blocks, was ditched. The blocks will be pouches and the project will be ticked off.

This quilt is a wedding present. It's their fifth anniversary this year. The sashing has put me off...
This needs quilting, but it's big and scary! And I'm worried I can't achieve what I would like to achieve
And of course, I've finished a fair few projects since the start of the year as well!

One of my many, many EPP projects. This doesn't have a purpose, so hasn't seen much progress.
I've accepted this won't ever be the full quilt. Now I need to finish it as a cushion...
So drumroll please! The current status of the list is.... 90 WIPs! Did I mention that that figure includes two new items just from this week? Just don't tell The Committee!

Comments

Well that's not as bad as I feared as the last update to The Committee stated 132 items on the list! Of course, it's still long. Enormously long... *sighs*

Also, The Committee are concerned that The Bucket List is merely a way of artificially keeping The List figure 'low' (on the special Jennie scale) and require more information. They also want to know about the two new items...
Lin said…
You find such fabulous projects, no wonder you get carried away. xx
Budsmam said…
The committee is stern 😁 but I love your list, the butterfly is gorgeous I loved making that one

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more