Skip to main content

Finish Along Q3: The List

well most of these will be familiar to you!

Lisa the Unicorn: this progressed last quarter from three individual blocks to a finished quilt top. I need to baste it and quilt it and then I think it will be snaffled by my daughters!


Tula Nova: This is now a finished quilt top. It's basted. And I've done the first few quilting stitches... but it's way too hot at the moment to sit under a quilt so this one hasn't gone any further.


Round of Cats: I've changed the plan for this. It's not going to be a quilt anymore. Nor is it going to be a tote bag for me. Two double-sided cushions coming up. The four blocks are made and need to be basted and quilted.

My Crumb Quilt: this was the cushion cover I started at our North East Modern Quilt Guild workshop with Chris English and grew. I intend to hit the charity shops while on holiday and hopefully find a backing for it which matches the recycling ethos of the front! And then it's another lined up for hand quilting.

Meadowland in Pinkerville. I've made the odd block recently but this wasn't supposed to be a project that would linger. I've ordered the Ruby Star Society Unicorn panel which I think might just work on the back!

The Alison Glass Triangle cushions are making a reappearance. I have two to make (smaller squarer ones than before). The triangles are all prepped.



I signed up to the Pretty Fabrics and Trims summer sampler. I've been saving the lovely little packages for my holiday. The final instalment comes out in September, so theoretically this coud be a Q3 finish.

Moths Pouch: I didn't even touch this last quarter.

EJ+ Quilt: not sure whether I actually want to finish this... maybe that's why I've made no progress on it! But I shall list it here as the blocks are easy and may be just what I need.


Unicorn Embroidery: pattern is transferred, threads are picked...


Bunny embroidery: same as above. Just not started.


Brimfield De La Luna. I'd love to have this finished for Halloween. I know that doesn't fall until the fourth quarter but you never know! I still have a lot of handwork to do if I'm going to achieve that goal, though.

Neon City - this one keep cropping up, doesn't it!

Penguin Party: really I think this is a Q4 project - a new Christmas/Winter quilt, but I'll pop it on this list in the hope it spurs me on. All the blocks are prepped already.

A Preppy the Whale quilt: for a little man who definitely isn't a newborn anymore. His Christening is this summer, so I'd like to have a quilt finished for that, but I haven't really started it, except for pulling out some fabric and we are on holiday between now and the Christening....

Let's pop Fancy Forest on as well, shall we!


Floating Angles EPP: I bought this kit recently and I've finally hit on fabrics and layout that I like! I want to make it as a panel for a tote bag (as I'm not allowed the kittens around blocks).

And finally the hoop with the rejected Alexandria block. This should have been finished last quarter as it's so close....

This list is positively controlled compared to my normal ones! Let's hope it means I achieve something, so at the moment my focus seems to be more on keeping up with the various blocks of the month I've signed up for...

Comments

DawnyK said…
Good luck, Jennie!!! Looks like a lot of fun.
SarahZ said…
Do you hand quilt all your projects? There are some real beauties here! I hope you are enjoying some finishing successes!!! On behalf of the FAL hosts, thanks so much for joining us!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more