Skip to main content

The Splendid Sampler [twelve more]

I started the Splendid Sampler with the idea of making just a few blocks - the ones I really loved, with no pressure. The thing is that I like most of the blocks. I particularly love the variety of techniques involved: basic piecing, foundation pieces, applique, embroidery... I'm not attaching any pressure to this and I've not even made half of the blocks that have been published so far, but I'm enjoying making a few every so often and it's been a couple of months since I shared any here.

Snug as a Bug: this was one of the early blocks that I went back to and loved stitcing up: I was so pleased with the yellow detail to the bedspread.


Sew South

Stitch in the Garden: I really have enjoyed the embroidery blocks: I adapted some of the fillers from another project for the largest thread reel.

Lemonade

Dashing By Chocolate

Simple Surprises: so simple but I really love it - might be that Alison Glass background!

Flights of Friendship

Pencils: I've been looking forward to making this one since I first saw it

Homeward Bound

On a Whim: I used raw edge applique machine blanket stitch to put this one together and it's really effective (if not quite straight!).

Lina's Gift: another early block I've only just got round to finishing.

Measure Twice, Cut Once

A few more blocks and I'll get them all out for a group shot.

Comments

Lin said…
A very nice collection there Jennie - I do love snug as a bug! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more