Friday, 14 February 2014

Dear Jane Friday

It's really been a Dear Jane Week. I have another two blocks to share today.

Block G2 - Rotary cut using a Robert Kaufmann fabric I picked up recently. I wasn't sure about this block to start with - I just couldn't see the pattern or the symmetry, but once I'd made it I like it a lot more.


Block M4 - rotary cut (all 49 pieces). The fabric is Cambridge by Ro Gregg for Paintbrush Studios - I've never heard of this make of fabric before but I really like it (and the blue and pink versions which I've also picked up). Some of the lines are a bit wonky, but with that many pieces that small, I'm pretty pleased.


I've also prepared a couple of blocks for hand piecing. I think this brings me to a total of 38 completed blocks of a total 225! You can see them all on my Dear Jane page. I'm starting to worry I might forget which fabrics I've already used - I don't want any repeats, so I'm thinking up ways of keeping a record that will double as something useful.

I'm linking up with Fabric Frenzy Friday

Fort Worth Fabric Studio Blog

5 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Both your Dear Jane blocks are gorgeous, Jennie! What a lot of work with all those tiny pieces! Great job!

Sara said...

Keep at it! They are looking awesome!

Quilting Nonnie said...

The two blocks are very pretty! The Dear Jane is a big undertaking, but judging from these two blocks your quilt is going to be amazing!

Quilting Nonnie said...

The two blocks are very pretty! The Dear Jane is a big undertaking, but judging from these two blocks your quilt is going to be amazing!

Lindsey said...

Jennie--Your blocks turned out lovely! You did a great job piecing these together--looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
-Lindsey
Fabric Frenzy Friday