Skip to main content

Finish Along Q4: Plans

It's #ridiculouslylongfinishalonglist time again! Who will have more, me or @Archiewonderdog ?

1. Superhero doll for my niece - following the success of the dolls I made for Mia and Jess I bought a panel to make one for my neice.

2. Superhero doll for my husband's cousin's son... and the panel comes with two dolls - a girl and a boy superhero. Even boys are allowed dolls! Though his father may not agree!

3. Fancy Forest baby quilt - another one! This is for good friend's whose baby arrived over the summer, and this is such a great pattern that I'm doing it again! I've cut out all the fabrics since I took this photo and I've got a weekend away coming up and I am going to be doing nothing but block, blocks, Blocks!


4. Speaking of that weekend, we're planning a secret swap - we're each making a zippy pouch. Mine's nearly there....but this is all I can show you for the moment!


5. Allie Owl baby quilt - getting the most out of the Fancy Forest pattern, I'm making another owl-only baby quilt, also for friends who had a baby over the summer - the owls are all cut and ready.


6. It's going to be a busy weekend, because I've cut all the pieces for a big owl quilt too - this is Allie Owl goes large!

7. Christmas Tree Quilt. Last December I made over 70 little Christmas tree blocks - it pushed me over 1000 blocks for 2016 - and now I need to do something with them. I have minky and I have a plan! I am also prepared for the house to be covered in red fluff by the time I'm finished!



8. Jessica's advent calendar: Mia has a mummy-made advent calendar, and this year Jess needs one. I've picked out a design I want to embroider and I'm going to try a technique of colouring in sections using colouring pencils for the first time. I really hope it works! This is the design, stolen from a Christmas card.

9. Gypsy Wife quilt: I'm working on this as a quilt along at the moment, and theoretically it could be finished by Christmas. Realistically this is a less likely entry on the list.



10. Tula Pink Butterfly quilt: another quilt along, another theoretical finish!



11. Neon City: these are the quilt blocks I created as part of #100days100blocks 2016 and it's the sashing that's holding me back.

12: My Original City Sampler: I got this out the cupboard the other day to take fresh photo, and found I'd quilted more than I remembered, but there's still a long way to go. I have Friday afternoons free (sometimes) so maybe a few weeks of Friday afternoons and it will feel closer to a finish.


13. Summer Sampler 2016: I only have a few more blocks to make for this quilt, I already have the sashing and the backing and I know how I want to quilt it.



14. Zippy for nail accessories. I have bitten my nails for as long as I can remember, and then this year, suddenly I stopped. And then I discovered Jamberry nail wraps.... so I need a zippy pouch to keep everything together. I'm going to use a dark fabric left over from the Jane Austen sampler quilt I made last year. It's really pretty, with subtle vintage music and postage images, but it's a really funny not-quite-black so I struggle to use it in anything. Here, it doesn't need to match and I get to show it off. I've also picked out some special scraps - Architextures, Comma, Alison Glass and that purple (top left) is one of my favourites but I've no idea what it is.


15. Always zippy. I made a Harry Potter inspired zippy pouch earlier in the year and subtle hints were made by family members... I hope to make two, but I'll count one as a win! Both are cut out....and if you squint hard, you can see the "pattern".


16. Pineapple Farm: because my list needed a bit more Elizabeth Hartman on it! This will be a Christmas present - all of the background and a couple of blocks are cut, now to raid my stash for the rest of the pineapples!

17. Narwhal hoop - a recent magazine had a brilliant little narwhal cushion. My daughters were reading the magazine with me and Mia made it quite clear that this would look nice on her wall...

18. And whilst reading the same magazine, Jessica made it clear that she wanted the dog quilt in it - I've been looking for a really good dog quilt for a few months for her so this was perfect. I'm hoping to make it as a Christmas present - Mia got her cat quilt when she was this age.

19. And if Mia is going to have a hoop (see narwhal above), then so is Jessica. I found a lovely dinosaur who fits the bill perfectly!

20.Moccasin Dresden: I am putting it on the list again, because an evening on the sofa hand-sewing this and it will be done. I don't like it very much, but I'd rather it were finished, than continue to sit there obnoxiously!



21. Fruit and Petals: time for a rethink on this project. I don't like it. I don't like the colours, I don't like the applique. I do love the embroideries. So I'm going to take it apart and find something to do with just the embroideries. I am still waiting for inspiration.



22. On a mission to clear some of the unloved projects from my WIP list (don't faint @Archiewonderdog), I'm also listing this EPP block I made. I had a vision of a whole quilt but that isn't going to happen - if only because I've repurposed half the fabrics for it. I think this will make a nice (large) pincushion don't you? Or maybe a zippy pouch. Again - I don't know what exactly it will be, but it will be finished!

23. Threadfolk embroidery: I need to get this finished, because the latest Threadfolk embroidery has just been released and there is absolutely no question about it - I will be doing it! Go take a peek!



24. Family of Owls: this has sat on my WIP list for a long time, and the reality is it won't be finished as originally planned - a lap quilt. I have four blocks in various stages of completion and I need to do something with them. I need inspiration for this one too! The right-hand owl isn't blond - he will have buttons for eyes....


25. Mini half-hexies: started on a whim, but I know exactly what these will become!


26: #52weekswiththequiltersplanner orange and green quilt: I think I have enough blocks, just make them into something!



27: #52weekswiththequiltersplanner teal and purple - this one needs a couple more blocks but I have all the fabric to complete the quilt top.


28: Row row row cushion: it's Jessica's favourite nursery rhyme, and Mia already has a twinkle, twinkle cushion! I've picked out this mini charm pack for it, and sketched out the words.

29. Baa baa Black sheep cushion: for friends who are about to have a baby girl and have a sheep themed nursery. I picked up this fabric but need to add in some fabrics to you know, make it less dull!

30. Scrunchies for Mia: since Mia started nursery she loves wearing a scrunchie in her hair - it takes me back to when I was little. She calls them flowers, but we only have school coloured ones - dark green. It can't be that hard to make scrunchies so I've pulled out these fabrics. And wouldn't they make great stocking fillers? I'f I get three made I'm counting that as a Finish Along success - if I don't put it here, it'll never happen! The blue floral is a fat quarter she picked herself last time I took her to a fabric shop, and the green on top is leftover from a dress I made when she was tiny.

31: Leftover Garland City Cushion: I have four blocks leftover and loads of scraps so I think a cushion to match the girls Advent quilts is in order!


32: But of course, that will have to be two cushions, not one!

33: And in an effort to get rid of these leftover blocks from Alba's quilt, I'm going to make a little blanket to fit in a child's pram - because that's what we're planning to get Jess for Christmas!


There we go. There are quite a few items on this list which should be quick finishes if I can just make some decision and find a few hours, so I'm hopeful for another successful quarter! My current WIP list stands at a measly 84 - if I get all these done it will be looking very sad indeed.

Comments

Chiska said…
Decisions are the hardest aren't they?! Looks like you have a fun list!
Karen S said…
That is a huge list! It scares me to think what mine would be.
Love the new Threadfolk embroidery you linked to. I can see why you liked it.
Good luck with your list and choosing what to do.
Cheers, Karen
http://sunburntquilts.com.au/
What a great list! It's a bit short, though...

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more