Skip to main content

Hidden Agenda

You all know I love a quilt along, and you probably are also aware by now that I have developed quite the enthusiasm for Tula Pink fabrics over the last 10 months. So when the Hidden Agenda pattern was released by Angela Pingle, I did think how good Tula fabrics would be for it. And then she announced a quilt-along and I was sold.



This was absolutely the most fun quilt to put together. Obviously with Tula Pink, and obviously in a rainbow. There was quite a lot of laying out and rearranging to get the rainbow effect, but it was definitely good fun.

I tweaked the pattern a bit and decided not to include the quarter-square triangle units, so I could display more fussy cutting, but this was one of the easiest quilts to create and I love the finished quilt top.

But why isn't it already quilted? Well. While I was making it, I happened to be rummaging through my low volume stash and I though wouldn't it be great to make a low volume version. And then rather than upset the Committee with yet another quilt added to The List, I thought, wouldn't it be interesting to have Rainbowfied Tula on one side, and quiet low volume on the other. The low volume quilt top is started and all the square in square units are done. Theoretically it should be easy to get put together from this point.... except then a good friend had a brainwave of her own.... why don't I put it together in a mirror image and then when I baste it, it will be easy to line up and truly match on each side.


Bearing in mind I'm 33 weeks pregnant and basting anything is nigh on impossible at the moment, I laughed at her. But it's an idea that has festered. So that's the plan. Once baby is here, that same good friend with her good ideas, will be helping me baste it! Watch this space for what may be my favourite quit ever!

Comments

Lynne said…
Wow! This is going to be gorgeous...but the mirror image idea for the back is absolutely brilliant! Here's to smooth sailing your last weeks until the little one arrives!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more