Skip to main content

Fettle Those Finishes

 Do you remember the list? You know - The List! My List of all of my works in progress. I did a bit of a review recently, ticking off what I've finished, removing what I won't ever do and, of course, adding on a fair few new projects I've started since the last review. The total? 102 projects!

Could 2023 be the year I actually finish more than I start? Unlikely! But let's start with the best intentions. Helen at Archie the Wonder Dog is running a bit of an informal finish along - Fettle Those Finishes! Create a list at the start of the year, and laugh at your optimism at the end of the year - you know the form! Helen has also added the year she started her projects... I have not, though I will admit that the earliest project is at least from 2012!

And so here is my list! I've tried to find photos of the projects, but some have progressed since the last photo I could find. Many haven't.

1. Norah Quilt - hand quilting has commenced but progressing slowly - I made this quilt entirely because I wanted to hand quilt it with black thread!

2. Skill Builder 2013 - recent progress means this could be my first quilty finish of 2023! Only 10 years after I started it!

3. Focus Cutting SAL 2020 - I'm planning on hand quilting this one too.

4. Focus Cutting SAL 2021-2022 - busy piecing the hexies together, which will take some time, but this one will be machine quilted.

5. Sharks Dinner BOM - more hand sewing: all the EPP is done, but lots of applique and hand quilting still to go.

6. Seedlings - lots of EPP still to go on this.

7. Mandolin - lots of EPP on this one too...

8 - 11. I got some pouch kits as part of the Lovely Jubbly Bag Makers Club last year and have four still to make.

12. Coming Home - I've done more of this than I remembered

13. Tattoo Quilt - A foundation piecing number.

14. Lucky Stars -  I'm not sure whether I'll be making more blocks to make a quilt or just using the blocks I've got in smaller projects - but it's sat so long that probably the latter!

15.City Sampler - I was perhaps a little over-ambitious on my quilting plans but now I'm committed!

16. Patchwork City - 12 of 75 blocks made I think

17. Kinship - just need to baste and quilt - hoping this will be a quick finish!

18. Sloths Embroidery

19. Peppermint Purple 2022 - this is a blackwork piece - I want to finish last year's before I start this year's!

20. Greenhouse - I've barely started this one! But it's also new, so exciting!

21. Nebula - lots of boring piecing to go next...

22. Gravity - this is similar to Nebula and I'm thinking it could make a double sided quilt with both of them!

23. Black and White Trapies - this might be the oldest project on the list - I think this needs to be finished into a pouch!

24. ABC embroidery

25. Neon City - sashing has stopped me - as usual

26. Tula Butterfly - this is my original Alison Glass version - maybe I should finish it before starting the Tula Pink version?

27. Penguin Party

28. Summer Sampler 2018

29. Summer Sampler 2019 (!)

30. Happy Little Year BOM - I think I've made all the blocks for this

31. Geo Diamond EPP

32. Pretty Fabrics Spring Sampler - I'd forgotten about this one

33. Pretty Fabrics Journal volume 2 - I've barely started this one... but still signed up for another!

34. Makers Tote - all the pieces are cut!

35. Craigs Family Chaos at Christmas embroidery

36. Toes in the Sand - I'm planning on going bigger than the original... may regret my decision.

37. And finally.....Butterfly Effect - teensy-tiny EPP

You may now laugh at my  optimism!

Comments

Welcome! I love your optimism and hope you finish some things, make good progress on others and some progress on the rest (I’m trying to be realistic but am secretly really hoping for a magnificent end of year report from you). Good luck!

P.S. I love your new outfit and haircut, Blog, it really suits you! *goes to look at own blog with a fresh eye and wonders whether it needs Gok’s help*
Lin said…
Good luck!!
Budsmam said…
That's some list! Good luck! I did the skill builder top loved that one
So many lovely projects! It's nice to have things in different stages.
I loved seeing all your photos. Good luck with this wonderful list :)
alexrezn6 said…
I really like this blog, especially because of the name Threads. I also really like the optimism of the Blogger.
Pam said…
Good luck!
I love your optimism!
As they say in Italian, “piano, piano” which means “little by little”

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more