Skip to main content

Sidmouth again

It's that time of year again - we've just got home from a fabulous week in Sidmouth. This week holds so many memories for us: it was where Michael proposed, 11 year ago. It was our destination the day after our first scan when I was pregnant with Mia, and was where we shared our news 2 years ago. Last year, Mia's first Sidmouth was a bit different from those of the past and if I'm honest, it was hard work, as Mia suckled all night and wouldn't settle.

But this year, her second, was wonderful. It was still hard work, but now that she's 17 months old, it was absolutely wonderful to see her enjoying the whole experience! She's talking so much and repeating everything we say - occasionally she's even starting to put words together. She's walking and running everywhere and she learned to dance at the ceilidhs in the Anchor Inn.
She does like the quiet book I made her!

Early morning bacon butty stop - it was still far too early

With Granny on the sea-front

With Grandad the Morris Dancer (she wasn't scared of Morris Men this
year, which is just as well, really)

Looking up the good concerts with Dolly

Dancing on the table (thanks Uncle Robin)

She loved watching the waves crash, but wasn't quite as keen when the wind whipped up the waves so much that even on the opposite side of the road, we got splashed. She also loved the seagulls - some one has to. And coronation chicken sandwiches were a huge hit!

We also visited Wrest Park, a stately home near my parents, and she loved running and playing hide and seek


Comments

Leanne said…
She is lovely and it sounds like you had a wonderful holiday.
Lin said…
Sounds like a great week in Sidmouth Jennie and some lovely pictures of Mia. xx

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more