Skip to main content

Summer is just around the corner

It's May. My favourite month. Suddenly the trees have leaves and blossoms on and it feels like summer is near. But first, how was April? The first half of April was spent waiting for Baby to arrive: I managed to get more sewing done than I had thought I would: I am especially pleased with the progress I made on the #365quilt: I ploughed through blocks having fallen behind, and found that I had enough to piece the quilt up to the first dark border. Of course, the nature of a block-a-day project means I am now ridiculously behind again!


I even had a couple of finishes! I finally finished a cushion cover that had been waiting to be quilted for months and months. This was finished the day I was induced!



I made a pouch for Mia's many hair clips.



I used up some scraps on a Preggosaurus Pouch (it was just how I was feeling that day).



And I finished the yellow and grey quilt - another project that had been sitting round for ever.


Michael went back to work today after his paternity leave, and I feel like it's time to become a human being again.



Whilst I was pregnant, due to lack of energy all round, the house became a bit of a state. With the help of my parents over the weekend and starting with a weekly chore plan, I intend to reclaim the house. I've started with the living room, where I spend most of my time, and I already feel much better about it. And we have new sofas arriving tomorrow! I was told off last week for overdoing it, but in the last few days I've started feeling much, much better!

I have sewing plans too: all of a sudden everyone seems to be pregnant: Between now and Christmas I have at least five baby quilts to make as gifts, and another few, including this one, that I want to make for Mia and Jessica, in addition to everything I've already started and shared here!

And yesterday information was released for the Summer Sampler 2016. I have signed up. Of course. And I even know what fabric I'm going to use: I've been hoarding a fat quarter bundle of Dreamin' Vintage from Art Gallery. I even picked up a backing from the same line when it went on sale, and I have a chunk of Pure Elements in white! #sewmystash2016 The first pattern will be released on 16th May so I have a couple of weeks before I can start.

Here's looking forward to summer!

Comments

Lin said…
Your 365 quilt is looking fabulous Jenny. Good luck with keeping up with all the chores! xx
Anthea said…
Jennie girl, you better make sure you look after yourself in amongst all those plans... or else I shall have to get on a plane & straighten you out myself!! (and swoon over your darling new bub while I'm at it!)
Don't forget to sit down with a cup of tea every now and again! Particularly now you've got new settees!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more