1. "It's Just a Phase" embroidery: This was supposed to be a Christmas present for my husband but I didn't get very far. His birthday is at the start of March, so that seems like a reasonable goal.
2. Fancy Forest Quilt: I'm piecing this as part of a quilt-along hosted by @Gnomeangel. If I manage to keep up with the pretty sharp pace being set, then I should have all the blocks pieced in the next few weeks, so I don't see why this shouldn't be a finish!
3. Super girl doll: If you saw my post a few days ago, I have already completed super boy, and it was not pleasant, but it was well received. The intended recipient of super girl has a birthday this quarter, so if it gets done, great, and if it doesn't, it may never!
4. Gypsy Wife: I was gutted that I didn't manage to get this quilt top pieced in time for the quilt along deadline, but I've kept up momentum and finished the last blocks this week. Construction of the quilt top will definitely be a challenge, but it's all cut and ready!
5. Neon City: I have a thing with my City Samplers...the big ones aren't finished. So I'm adding them all to this list - one of these lists, they will actually get done! For this particular quilt, it's the sashing that's holding me back. If I just did a little bit here and there it would soon be finished.
6. Original City Sampler: this is the oldest of my outstanding City Samplers, and the biggest. There will be another quilt along this year for these blocks which I'm planning on joining and it would be good for this to be finished before I start another. This is half-quilted, but I chose to do very dense quilting. Last time I got it out, I had done more than I remembered, but there is still a long way to go. To be honest, I'll be pleased with progress on this.
7. V and K's City Sampler: the third City Sampler that remains unfinished... this is a wedding present. I think we're aiming for their third wedding anniversary this summer. Again I'm stuck on the sashing...
8. Tula Butterfly: I managed to get this quilt top finished at the start of January for the end of the quilt along, but now I need to actually finish it, so I can enjoy using it on my own bed (not on my daughter's bed...). I've been looking out for a backing, but haven't spotted anything I fancy.
9. Summer Sampler 2016: Can you believe I'm only 3 blocks and some pesky sashing away from a finished quilt top. Can you believe it's been like this for months. I have the backing fabric ready to go, I know how I want to quilt it....
10. Zippy pouch for nail accessories. I've selected an Aneela Hoey pattern (because they are the best). And given that I keep losing my nail files, I should really prioritise this!
11. I'm taking part in the #Stitchedsewingorganizerssal on Instagram and coming up is an oversized zippy pouch. And it will be perfect for the Moccasin Dresden that keep on making an appearance on my list. I'm pretty confident this one will be a finish this quarter! I need to unpick it, split it in half, and then applique it to two bts of bigger background as a first step.
12. Gravity Quilt. Lol. I haven't touched this in 18 months, but when a friend started it as a BOM from one of the UK quilt shops, I said I'd join in when we got to the same point. I think we're about there... This is another quilt, where I think progress would be excellent.
13. 52 Weeks green and orange quilt: started this time last year, abandoned a few months later, but this will make a great baby quilt, and I know just the baby.
14. 52 weeks purple and teal. I only need a few more blocks....
15. Splendid Sampler. I have a plan. I need another 9 blocks, and then I've drawn up my setting pattern.
17. Cat quilt for Mia, because if one gets a quilt, the other does too. I'm going to use the Pen and Paper Patterns Kitten Around pattern but got a bit stumped picking "cat colours".
18. EJ+ Quilt. I made some more blocks for this recently and it has struck me that this isn't far from a finish either.
19.Narwhal Hoop for Mia - something I promoised for Christmas and failed to complete. I reserve the right to change the fabrics....
20 and 21. I want to make the girls hoops each every month this year, so last Autumn I took the opportunity of family travelling to the states to get a couple of pre-printed embroideries: a moon moth and a mermaid. I'm really looking forward to starting these. After I've given them a good press!
22. A cat embroidery design from Cinderberry Stitches is another hoop I'm excited to make. Though Mia has informed me she expects a Unicorn hoop as well (see fabric at the back!).
23. Last year I started a sampler for Easter but got a bit bogged down in a very intensive embroidery for it. The embroidery is done so it's time to finish it - the whole finished piece is less than 12"x12" so really I should manage!
24. I promised Steph and IPad case for Christmas and failed miserably. We're going for scrappy on the outside, to match her travel pouch and I'm going to upsize one of the patterns in the Stitched Sewing Organizers book.
25. I travel for work and for Christmas I got a new rucksack. It is definitely smarter than the old one (which I bought when I was at Uni) and it has a pocket for my laptop so I don't have to carry a really chunky laptop case with me, but I do want the laptop to be a little bit protected, so I want to make a case for it. I'm going to upsize the same pattern from the Stitched Sewing Organizers book as above for it and use the LV hexy flowers I started sewing last summer.
26. I'm going to make this pouch from Stitched Sewing Organizers as a birthday present using this beautiful peacock fabric I picked up recently and a bit of bling I picked up last year. This will be my first time with magnetic clippy things!
27. Mini half hexies: I bought some half-inch half-hexy papers and had a play. I really believe that if I were to concentrate on this project for just an evening, it would be done!
28. Threadfolk embroidery. When I pick this up, I really enjoy stitching it, but because it's for me, it's rarely prioritised.
Looking at that list, there are a lot of large quilts on it. If I get them all done, I'll have bought enough wadding to build a couple of tents! Whilst it isn't my longest list ever, it may well be my most ambitious! There are 10 good sized quilts listed and a few toddler ones on top. This time I may well be out of my mind!