Friday, 8 June 2012

Final layout

I took the opportunity offered by AWFUL weather and a large carpeted area without helpful paws (the dogs are back at home and Grandma has moved in to look after them!) to decide on a final layout for my Farmers Wife blocks!

This is the final layout - it took a while to lay it out, then Mum and I swapped blocks around to get a good balance of colour - we could have kept doing it forever. Then we laid out the little cornerstones, again to get a good balance of colour. Then I drew out the quilt and numbered the blocks. All ready for when I get home and get my sewing machine out!

ps. if you don't already know, the sashing is a golden yellow colour (not batik)

5 comments:

Nic said...

What fun! Can't wait until I'm at that stage too. But for now, looking forward to seeing you put it together

Quilting In The Cold said...

Wow that is going to be stunning!

Cherie said...

Wow that's a lot of blocks! The quilt is sure to look great =D

I'm having a giveaway on my blog. There is one extra day to enter =D
http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

Kristyne said...

AMAZING! Simply INCREDIBLE!!!

selfsewn said...

wow this looks gorgeous, I love the darkness!!