Wednesday, 16 October 2013

WIP Wednesday [Medallion - help needed]

This is my Medallion quilt.

Last Friday we basted it - somewhat unsuccessfully to start with - I love my husband, but basting isn't his thing!
And tonight I have started quilting. I've stitched about 1/8" inside the red borders on each side.

bad lighting, but you can see the quilting
I also plan to do some hand quilting - some kind of motif in the corner stones and in the centre.

So my question is, do you think it needs more than that, and if so, what? I am out of ideas....

Linking up with WIP Wednesday.

5 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I am thinking it might need more, but it would be easier to say after you get done the part you already have planned.

Lucy said...

Lovey medallion quilt! You can start quilting according to your plan and always add more if it isn't enough.

Jenninbrissy said...

Wow! Gorgeous quilt :). Love the colours :).

Cheers,
Jenn from Mellycoddle :).

Heather said...

This is a great medallion quilt! I say the more hand quilting the better, but it's easier to say when someone else is doing the quilting.

Renee said...

Beautiful quilt! I'm sure more quilting would look really nice, but I guess it depends on how you want the quilt to feel?