The Aves Quilt started with a bang last week with the central medallion, and it didn't change for week two. This week we added a ring of flying geese to that centre medallion.
The ring itself was foundation pieced in 6 parts, and then we had the option of appliquing it to the centre, or piecing it. I decided to piece it, and despite thinking it would be difficult, it actually went very smoothly - I had a couple of gaps that needed a couple of hand stitches, where the points of the compass don't meet the ring of geese - this is a design feature (not an error on my part), but because the centre was foundation pieced, and I didn't sew into the seam allowance, there were just a few gaps. Ten minutes hand sewing remedied that! And I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.