I started this on a bit of a whim, as part of the #elizabethhartmanalltheanimalssal on Instagram - I hadn't originally planned to do this part of the sew along. But I got tempted. Inevitably. On the plus side, everything except the wadding came from stash. The background I used was left over from some baby Fancy Forest quilts, all of the fabric in the faces came from my stash, and the backing is a duvet cover I picked up on sale last year. Kittens and Unicorns - Kittycorns. How perfect was that!
This was such an enjoyable quilt to put together - the faces came together very quickly, and because they finish at 10" x 8" you only need 30 for a good size quilt top!
I couldn't decide on quilting, and I was going to do organic horizontal lines, but I did the first one and it looked rubbish, so I unpicked it and did a stipple. But I changed my thread colours to reflect the colour of the cats faces, and did diagonal strips in each colour - it's hard to see in the photos, but these are the thread colours!
I finished the binding just half an hour before we picked her up from the child minders on her birthday - cutting it fine! And she loved it. It takes pride of place on her new bed!
This is a Finish Along finish and you can find my original list here.