Skip to main content

Inside Outside Pouches [two finishes]

Back at the start of the quarters I planned to make an Inside Outside pouch using a pattern by Aneela Hoey so I popped it on my Finish Along list. The problem was, I couldn't decide which fabric to use... so I made two!


I didn't get the fussy cutting quite right on either, so the racoon peaks and bird has lost it's beak.... and some of it's head. Whoops! But I love these fabrics, and I love the bright green lining.



The finishing, hand-stitching binding on those internal corners was a bit of a bugger, and I really struggled to get it neat. Also, the top-stitching on the binding round the vinyl was mixed - a matching thread, which I didn't have for the racoons, is definitely more forgiving.


I hit 1000 followers on Instagram a few months ago, so I did a giveaway for the bird pouch, and I've kept the raccoons. To be in with a chance of winning, I asked people to tell me ideas for new projects - when one's WIP list is dangerously close to dropping under 100 items, new plans are desperately required! @Lupilotty won - which meant I could give her the prize in real life as she's a fellow North East Modern Quilt Guild member.


The fabrics are all Tula Pink All Stars, Pompoms and Stripes on the outside, and the lining is Kon Key Lime. I've just realised that in none of the photos can you see the Pompoms, but I used them on the ends in the same colour-way as the binding!

You can find my original Finish Along list here.
Marci Girl Designs

Comments

Sue Wild said…
Lovely pouches and the stripes look just perfect
Izzy said…
Congratulations on two very cute finishes and, on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts, thank you for playing along!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more