Skip to main content

Pineapple Hoop [A finish] and Q2 round-up

I think it's fair to say that I didn't achieve as much as I had hoped in Quarter 2 of the Finish Along. Various  commitments, and a desire to hand sew rather than machine sew, have meant less time at the sewing machine and as a result, fewer finishes. Though some good progress on my hand-sewing projects has been made.

First up, my final finish of the quarter: a hoop I started on a whim last year using a pattern by Louisa at Sew Motion. The pattern uses her signature curved paper piecing, and came together quickly. The ring was then appliqued to the background, and I added some hand quilting and a splash of embroidery. The pink is a Kona Solid (probably Candy Pink), the blue is a shot cotton, and the pineapples are from Art Gallery. The quilting and embroidery is in Finca perle #16.



Now for the rest of the quarter: just three other finishes... firstly a quilt for Jess, with lots of cats on it. 

The Inside Outside Pouch I had planned using a pattern by Aneela Hoey.
I planned one, but made two when I couldn't decide on the fabric!



And my favourite finish: the Tula Nova cushion. This is the centre of the Tul Nova EPP pattern by Tula Pink. It's what I made while at Simply SOlids attending her workshop. But in the end, it just wasn't right for where I wanted my Tula Nove to go, so rather than waste it, I made it into this cushion - a fab reminder of an amazing day!



You can find my original list, with all of the projects I didn't finish, here.


Marci Girl Designs

Comments

This was my worst finish-along quarter too - only one finish! I did start nine new projects though, making my WIP the longest it's ever been by far. Oops. Summer is for fun, right?
Lynne said…
Hi Jennie! I am looking around the FAL finishes and realized that you were familiar to me....I am the super, super lucky recipient of the absolutely gorgeous sewing machine cover that you made for me for the modern swap in 2012. I love it! I love your finishes this quarter, the sweet hoop and the great Tula Pink projects. I am currently doing her 100 blocks and see so many incredible fussy cuts with her designs. On behalf of the FAL crew, congrats on your finish and thanks for participating!

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more