Of course, the drive to the Fat Quarters was not without good reason! Linda and I went to a class to make a sewing machine cover. It's a design from the 1oth Birthday edition of Homespun magazine. The main body is made from Osnabruck Linen - it's a fairly large weave linen with all the inclusions. The fabrics are a bit of mixture, but definitely include some (one) Moda. The "stitch" is hand embroidered and I added buttons. And round the edges is my first ever attempt at piping, which is no where near as tricky as I thought it would be! Although mine isn't perfect, I'm vervy pleased with my first attempt. My sewing machine was determined that it did not want a new home and broke two needles in the process of making it!
I've been up to other things during the week. My duties as a Farmer's Wife continue: This week I have made another two blocks: #54 Kitchen Woodbox and #77 Seasons. Both were foundation pieced, and I'm realy pleased with the accuracy of my seams.
I've also continued with block 8 of the mystery block of the month from the Fat Quarters. All of my blocks are in pastel greens and pinks. There will be twelve blocks in total and I think fresh white sashing will make the finished quilts look lovely and fresh and spring like. I now have block 9 to make.
And today I just couldn't resist some new fabrics that were just in at the Fat Quarters. they are reds and greens, but not at all Christmassy - I think of Christmas when I see those two fabrics together normally but these are really summary with leaves, cherries and hearts. I've borrowed a book on fat quarters quilts from Linda and I think I'll have go :) yummy stitching!