Skip to main content

Finish Along: Quarter 1 review

A quarter of the way through the year already. Back in January I posted a very ambitious list of things I wanted to achieve.... I didn't do very well in finishing, but I did move some projects along...

she can quilt
Pac Mania: is finished. And I have sent it to it's new home with a friend who has recently lost her husband. There were times when I wasn't sure about this quilt, but once it was completed and washed I was really please with how it had turned out - nice and crinkly. I'm linking this post up for this finish, but you can fid more information here.


My only other finish this quarter was my Pembrokeshire English Paper Piecing mini quilt. This is also now living in its new home with my Mum. You can find all the information about the finish here:



Rhubarb and Custard: Isn't finished. But I have made huge progress in the sashing. This project will go back on the list for Q2.

Steph's Quilt: Isn't finished. But I do have a completed quilt top after about 18 months. We basted it last weekend and it is ready to quilt. This is another project that will go on my Q2 list.

Neon Stained: Isn't finished. It does have a border and is basted ready for quilting.

Purple Crosses: Isn't finished. And hasn't been touched. Maybe next quarter?

Daniela's quilt: Isn't finished. But is now fully pieced and comes in at 116 x 116". This is also basted and ready to be manhandled through my machine for quilting - wish me luck!

Super Mario: Isn't finished. And I don't really have a reason to finish it. If anyone else can give this block a home, then please leave me a message, and I will happily rehome. It's made up of 1/2" squares... and is about 9" x 9".
My phone to show you the scale of the block...

Three Peaks Quilt: Isn't finished. But I did add three borders and buy the backing and this just needs to be basted (which should be far more straightforwards than the others) and then I can quilt it.

I will be spending less time travelling next month, but I'm sure I will be distracted by more starts as well. Hopefully at the end of Q2 I will have better results to report...

Comments

Wow, you have some projects going on! It would make me nervous to think that I have to finish all those quilts! I only work on one or two things. The quilts all look lovely.
Young lady, there is to be no more brow-beating of yourself. You have LOADS to be proud of in your progress! You're an inspiration to many (such as me, self-proclaimed procrastinator) and your work is lovely to boot. So no more pity parties - you're doing great!!
Leanne said…
Your finished projects are wonderful, I love them both, especially the mini with all the embroidery. And your other projects are beautiful and you have made such great progress on them too! Don't give away super mario, it would make such a great lap top or ipad cover for a person who loves the game - a great Christmas present maybe?
CapitolaQuilter said…
I love the color placement you chose for three peaks .

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more