I spent the first half of the month working in Budapest again, and Jane came with me. I made five blocks using English Paper Piecing technique (blogged here and here), and wrote a tutorial on how I did it.
When I got back I completed my entry for the Emerald Challenge - a block keeper for storing all those blocks I'm making as part of many many BOMs.
I have written a tutorial for this too - you can find it over on Leanne's blog today as part of the 2013 Finish Along
I'd love it if you'd pop over and take a look.
The second half of the month was about catching up and starting new things
I made my block for Stash Bee - It's enormous, and not my normal colour scheme but I really enjoyed it. And the Queen Bee for April has picked the same block in different colours, so I get to play with it again!
I made the March block in the Lucky Stars BOM - I absolutely love these little blocks and have some plans for them next month!
I've been working on some long term projects and moving them all along:
Rhubarb and Custard: I'm now sashing this using a quilt as you go technique and I'm loving how the brown is toning it down a bit and giving it some depth.
Daniela's quilt (in the centre of the picture above) is now fully pieced and basted. It comes in at 116" x 116" (I have no idea how I will fight this through my machine to quilt it...)
Steph's quilt (bottom right) is also now fully pieced and basted - a more modest 80" x 80".
Three Peaks Quilt (grey and pink on top row above) - I added all three border and finally bought a backing, so this ready to be quilted too.
And I started a few things too:
Two baby quilts, both in colour schemes I'm not normally comfortable with: a blue and orange square within a square quilt which I've called "Stepping Stones" - you can find the tutorial here. This needs to be basted and quilted. And a red and blue quilt with appliqued circles. I've done all the cutting, but got no further.
Fireworks - one of the new patterns from Camilly Roskelly. I'm using Rock and Romance from Art Gallery.
And a Double Wedding Ring quilt - all of the pieces are die-cut and I am busy chain piecing the arcs and fighting Y-seams... The fabric if Poetica from Art Gallery.
I'm now quite behind in the Skill Builder BOM, and a month behind in the Gen X BOM. My own BOM needs some attention before I can share the April block next weekend. I have been asked by my Dad to make a double bed quilt by the end of June, and I need to finish off some of the quilts above. Let's see how April goes!
I'm linking up with Fresh Sewing Day over at Lily's Quilts