Over Easter I pieced a quilt for a little baby boy using blues and oranges. If you've read this blog for a while, you will know that blue and orange is a colour combination I generally struggle with, but for a little baby boy it just felt right.
The biggest job in this quilt was cutting the fabric - it took just a few hours to piece, about an hour to quilt and a final hour to bind.
The fabrics are a real mixture from my stash: Pearl Bracelets, Architextures, Summersville, Art Gallery Oval Elements, Nature Elements and Floral Elements, Comma, Tilda, Cuzco, Benartex, Kona Solids, Urban Chiks, Red Rooster and a couple of fabrics whose origin is lost in the mists of piles of fabric!
The quilting is a 50wt bright orange aurifil - it's nearly the same colour thread as the plastic bobbin! I did wavy lines irregularly spaced both horizontally and vertically.
The backing is a fantastic kids print by Jenn Ski.
The binding is Kona Orange.
If you would like to make this quilt, I have put together the basic cutting instructions - you can find them right here.
Come the end of June I will be linking this up with Leanne - here's hoping it isn't the last of the quarter's finishes!