Saturday, 8 March 2014

Naptime Sewing

I am seriously going to enjoy nap time. Unfortunately nap time is a little elusive at the moment... Mia fed for 5 hours straight this afternoon.


Such a cute grumpy face!

But yesterday she napped and I stitched with some good friends. I started a new project - some English Paper Piecing - easy to pick up and put down again. The project is Patchwork of the Crosses. I hadn't heard of this pattern until a few months ago when Sharon started the same
project. It looked interesting and I read up the background of the pattern.

The original quilt was made by Lucy Boston, an author, quilter and gardener who lived at Hemmingford Grey - a manor house in Cambridgeshire less than an hour away from where I grew up - doing so much American style patchwork I was totally sold on something so local for me. I started pinning to my EPP pinterest board and then picked my current favourite colour palette and lots of fabrics from my stash.


So the plan is initially 9 feature blocks and see how we go. Fabric is cut and block 1 is made.


6 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

oh I LOVE that face xx make the most of the times when it is quiet and ... peaceful x

Leanne said...

She cute, they sure are little when they are brand new. That will be a beautiful quilt.

Lin said...

Pretty colours Jennie. Paper piecing is great for snatched moments, waiting rooms etc. Mia is gorgeous. xx

mumasu said...

You'd fallen off my reader for a few days, so I'm late to the party but CONGRATULATIONS, she is lovely. I am loving the bright colours in that block :)

Sonia said...

Enjoy those naptimes!!!! The EPP is gorgeous and I love your colour pallette x

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

I am also late to the party but Welcome to Mia & Congrats to you & the Mister! She is beautiful!!! I'm loving that Lucy Boston block too. Been seeing it a lot on the web lately. Your colours are fabulous! Big hugs to you & the family!