Wednesday, 19 March 2014

WIP Wednesday [Embroidery]

It's Wednesday. Little Miss Mia is now 3 weeks old. I've been doing a bit of sewing. My third block for my Patchwork of the Crosses quilt is finished - this is a great project for five minutes slots when Daddy does the nappy change!

And I'm starting a new project - before Little Miss arrived I'd been collecting the Best Friends Forever Block of the Month from Rosalie Quinlan as I thought this would be a good project for nap times. But I  failed to do any preparation before she arrived.  So this evening's nap time was spent picking out the threads and getting ready.

I've written this post one-handed and it's now time to feed, so I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday and I'll be back later to see what everyone else has been up to!


5 comments:

Ellyn said...

I'm working on the Best Friends Forever blocks too, I think I'm on the sixth one? fun to do! I can't wait to see yours

dq said...

Lovely project! I enjoy hand embroidery and just finished a snowman quilt...well not finished yet I guess.

Kim said...

Beautiful block - and yay for one-handed typing! I remember that clearly (and still am often typing one-handed with at least one kid on my lap!) :)

Sonia said...

The patchwork crosses blocks are looking fab - it's going to be such a colourful quilt! And the embroidery blocks look pretty - i look forward to seeing them!

Lynne said...

I had to come visit when I saw your block on 'Freshly Pieced'. I have some of those blocks in the making. I was going to make a quilt with them, but have had a rethink and may just use them for a cushion cover. Either way, they're a lovely block and I enjoy doing them. Good luck with yours and your new arrival.