Skip to main content

Finish Along Q2 [in review]

There's no denying that this was not ever going to be a productive quarter. My biggest WIP at the start of the quarter arrived on 20th April, and it feels as though Jess has been with us forever. And in between the nappies, bottles and mega-voms, she's letting me get quite a bit of sewing done. The thing is that the projects I've been working on weren't on my Q2 list - mostly because they are far from being a finish - mostly! So here's my round up for the quarter:

I finished a cushion cover! My Slivers II cushion cover was finished the day we went into hospital for Jessica to be induced! I just love the texture of it!



And I finished Linda's tumbler quilt! Having delayed it for years, it took just a couple of hours to quilt and bind! I'm linking this post up as my entry for this finish, but if you want to read a bit more about it, the full finish post can be found here.



Here's a status update on the rest of that list:
  • Mia's big girl quilt: I've made more blocks for this but it's nowhere close to a finish.
  • Clamshells quilt: I honestly haven't touched this!
  • Moccasin BOM: I've made huge progress on this: it's so close to being finished! But it isn't. I just need to get it quilted and bind it. I have a plan and I will definitely finish it next quarter!

  • My Small World Quilt: Just in the last few days, I've picked this up again. I've half-quilted the sky and I might just be falling in love with it. There's still a long way to go.
  • Inside addition quilt: I've made really good progress on this and it's now a finished quilt top. Which I don't like. So I haven't layered and quilted it. Not sure if this will ever be a finish...
  • Aspen Glow: this has been untouched for years... but I did some last month. It's still a long way from a finish. But recent events may push this back to the top of the list.
  • The drunkards path cushion wasn't touched and I can't see me getting to it anytime soon - our new sofa doesn't need cushions *sad face*
  • My Gravity quilt wasn't touched. It hasn't been touched in a year, which is such a shame as I still love it and it ill look great on my bed!
  • And I didn't even get the Marcelle Medallion out of the cupboard.

The problem with this list, was that I didn't actually want to do anything on it, partly because nothing was very achievable, except maybe the Moccassin BOM... I'll try harder with the next list - I've been planning it since I realised how crappy this list was!

Comments

Nicky said…
Put everything on the list! I used to have the same problem - the thing I worked on were not on the list but were what I felt like doing. Congratulations on the tumbler quilt finish (and the cushion which I adore) and thanks for linking up to FAL 2016 on behalf of you team of hosts!
Unknown said…
I love the cushion and the tumbler quilt is great.
Unknown said…
Forgot to say....Congratulations...I'm surprised you got anything finished...well done.
I'm with Nicky: put everything on the list! (And that's what you've done, hurray!)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more