Monday, 27 May 2019

EPP Blocks [May]

I've worked on quite a few EPP Blocks this month, all of which will one day become full quilts. Though I'm not committing to when that day will be! Quite a lot of those blocks use Tula Pink fabrics. I love the fabrics, and it seems a shame to whizz them under the machine, when I can enjoy sewing them by hand which takes a little longer. But when I'm using Tula Pink, I like to break up the busy-busy with some solids. I ordered some Kona coordinates to go with my hoard of Tabby Road. This is my latest block featuring Kona Sprout:


But Tula has her own range of Designer Solids, which are lovely. I picked up a fat quarter bundle last year, but they weren't labelled. A friend and I have spent many a Monday evening trying to work out which was which! So when I restcoked my fq bundle from the lovely Saira at Olve and Flo Handcraft, I was delighted to find that she labelled the solids.No more frustrating Mondays for me! I have made myself a shade card.


This lives in my bullet journal, which comes everywhere with me, so always on hand! I've been using the Tula Solids in my Hexie Shutterburst blocks, featuring Zuma. Here's the latest!


And also in my Brimfield blocks which I resurrected this month. Can I get this quilt finished for Halloween 2019.... or Halloween 2020?



I find these blocks, featuring De La Luna, make me really indecisive. I take forever to pick my fabric selection and I even baste a few pieces in different fabric before making my choice. I don't do this for any other project! Maybe it's because I just have the fat quarter bundle I bought and no additional yardage (except of the faces), and a block easily leaves a fat quarter looking like this....


I'm also keeping up to date on my EPP GeoDiamond blocks: this is the third one. And not a Tula print in sight!


This is a block of the month from Naomi Alice - you get the papers in a little package of loveliness each month!

And finally, I made a little bit of progress on my Alexandria Quilt - this is one of six white/low volume blocks in this round.

I was able to make this because I was able to sew whilst Mia had chicken pox. While she was off, she was still quite active (she didn't seem ill at all after the first couple of days but was off for over a week). I didn't want to pull all my sewing down and set myself up comfortably. But whilst clearing out the conservatory earlier this month, I found a wooden tray - originally it had a toy of some sort in it. I lined it with felt and it is now absolutely perfect for sewing on  my lap, keeps everything together and I can easily move it out of the way when I am next required to go to the kitchen and get a snack... or make a bottle.... or change a nappy... this is how we roll!


No comments: