Skip to main content

EPP Blocks [May]

I've worked on quite a few EPP Blocks this month, all of which will one day become full quilts. Though I'm not committing to when that day will be! Quite a lot of those blocks use Tula Pink fabrics. I love the fabrics, and it seems a shame to whizz them under the machine, when I can enjoy sewing them by hand which takes a little longer. But when I'm using Tula Pink, I like to break up the busy-busy with some solids. I ordered some Kona coordinates to go with my hoard of Tabby Road. This is my latest block featuring Kona Sprout:


But Tula has her own range of Designer Solids, which are lovely. I picked up a fat quarter bundle last year, but they weren't labelled. A friend and I have spent many a Monday evening trying to work out which was which! So when I restcoked my fq bundle from the lovely Saira at Olve and Flo Handcraft, I was delighted to find that she labelled the solids.No more frustrating Mondays for me! I have made myself a shade card.


This lives in my bullet journal, which comes everywhere with me, so always on hand! I've been using the Tula Solids in my Hexie Shutterburst blocks, featuring Zuma. Here's the latest!


And also in my Brimfield blocks which I resurrected this month. Can I get this quilt finished for Halloween 2019.... or Halloween 2020?



I find these blocks, featuring De La Luna, make me really indecisive. I take forever to pick my fabric selection and I even baste a few pieces in different fabric before making my choice. I don't do this for any other project! Maybe it's because I just have the fat quarter bundle I bought and no additional yardage (except of the faces), and a block easily leaves a fat quarter looking like this....


I'm also keeping up to date on my EPP GeoDiamond blocks: this is the third one. And not a Tula print in sight!


This is a block of the month from Naomi Alice - you get the papers in a little package of loveliness each month!

And finally, I made a little bit of progress on my Alexandria Quilt - this is one of six white/low volume blocks in this round.

I was able to make this because I was able to sew whilst Mia had chicken pox. While she was off, she was still quite active (she didn't seem ill at all after the first couple of days but was off for over a week). I didn't want to pull all my sewing down and set myself up comfortably. But whilst clearing out the conservatory earlier this month, I found a wooden tray - originally it had a toy of some sort in it. I lined it with felt and it is now absolutely perfect for sewing on  my lap, keeps everything together and I can easily move it out of the way when I am next required to go to the kitchen and get a snack... or make a bottle.... or change a nappy... this is how we roll!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more