Before I went to Budapest I had finished making the curved units for my Mod Pop Quilt and I had made one block. At least, that was what I thought.
Leanne set 2nd December as a deadline for finishing the quilt top in her Quilt Along, and I figured that if I picked up my machine on Saturday morning and spent most of Saturday and Sunday stitching, I could get my quilt top finished for then.
Yesterday, I didn't get a chance to sew. So this morning I started... and made six blocks before I ran out of curved units.... I was 32 short, so out came the templates, and the scissors and off I went.
It is now 11 o'clock and I have a finished Mod Pop top!
Not all of my seams are perfect as I would have liked. And it doesn't have the level of contrast that I had hoped for (the photo makes it look worse than it actually is, but it's late so no day light), but I fully intend to do some kind of quilting that will make the "glasses" pop more, so hopefully when finished it will have the effect I want. For now I am just happy that at least one of my Christmas presents is a bit closer to being finished and wrapped for Christmas day.
But now it is bedtime....