Wednesday, 27 March 2013

WIP Wednesday [Ginormous]

Is that how you spell Ginormous? anyways...

I like fiddly, intricate, tiny...

But none of that for me this week. Instead I've been putting together some quilt tops that have been waiting a while. And that means long seams and lots of pins...

I posted the first two of the weekend - the quilt tops are finished and this weekend I hope to baste them on my Mum's living room floor! Above is Steph's quilt - it's about 80x80".

Below is a quilt that I'm not really sure what I will do with. It's about 38x48" (I think).

And tonight I have finished piecing the monster of all monsters.... it's so enormous I can't get a photo of it. I'm hoping Mum and Dad will pose with it at the weekend so I can post some proper pics.
This is me fighting it through the machine...
Each block has the creamy square in the middle and are about 17x17"
The fabrics are Durham fabrics by Lecien and they are very pretty - not my normal colours at all, but the quilt is so pretty - I really like it. This monster is 116 x 116" - quilting it could be interesting....
Michael is 6'2"!

Can I play with Jane now, please? Or foundation piecing?

I'm linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced - I'm looking forward to spending some quality time at the weekend checking out all the other links with a cup of tea! WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Lets hope you don't get lost under all that quilt. I think you deserve to go and do something you enjoy more now as a reward x

Amanda said...

I love your pink quilt! The greys make it look a little bit like a mirror.