Wednesday, 5 June 2013

WIP Wednesday [Peppers]

I've jumped on the Zakka band wagon! Yesterday and today I made myself three Bell Pepper Coasters. What a fantastic design! These were really quick to put together and are so cute. They are finished, so not really a WIP but I would like to make at least one more so it's a set of three.

I love a lot of the projects in the book, but I really can't commit to a project a week, so I think I'll pick and chose which weeks I join in with, depending on other stitching at the time.

But I do have one enormous WIP this week: it's the quilt I'm making for Dad to give to some friends of his. I had planned on having a completed quilt top, but as you can see, it's looking a bit wonky in this picture.
Michael's arms aren't quit long enough -
there another row of blocks on the right too

That's because I ran out of the yellow... again. There are two more rows which I couldn't sash at the weekend. I picked up more yellow yesterday but got distracted by peppers...

I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

  WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

Amy DeCesare said...

Judging from your peppers, I'm really hoping you'll find time to join in OFTEN! I'm like you, though...a project each week is super ambitious. Still, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Debbie said...

oh your peppers are darling! Glad you are joining is as you can!

Karen said...

I love your peppers! I wasn't sure of the tecnique so I made one out of ugly fabric and even with the cool design it's still ugly - LOL!

Tina in Boston said...

The peppers are so great. I cannot wait to make my own!

Elita en Suisse said...

Oh, I can see myself making oven mats like those peppers! I don't use mitts but use woven square oven mats. Lovely idea for a sweet housewarming gift!