Wednesday, 26 June 2013

WIP Wednesday [Summer Hexagons]

I'm spending the week with my parents, which means no sewing machine.... and that means I can get some hand sewing done! So far this week I've been basting hexagons.... nothing as satisfying as a row of neatly basted hexies.



And this evening I started piecing them into flowers



This will form part of the mini quilts I'm making for the Fat Quarterly Retreat sample swap.

I've also been plotting some embroidery - some to go with the hexagons, the next few months of my own BOM, the name tag for my partner at the Fat Quarterly Retreat, and some quilt labels. So the next few days may see some embroidery too.


I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday and heading over to check out some of the other eye candy! WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

Karen said...

Wow that box of hexies looks good! Can't wait to see all your toils :-)

Dee said...

I hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoyed the hexies!

Vera said...

Lovely hexie project!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

The hexies look so pretty all lined up in the box. They'll look even better all sewn up. Nice.

Stephie said...

Hi Jennie, thank you so much for visiting my blog! It's great to meet another quilter in the UK, even if you are at the other end of the country!!! (I think there might be some mutual understanding of me whinging on about the price of fabric and the rotten summer weather, haha!!!)

I love your hexies, they're such great colours - nothing like bringing a bit of colour to a grey old day ;) I'm going to add you to my bloglovin' feed and hope we can chat again soon!

Stephie @ Dawn Chorus Studio

Happy Turtle said...

Love your hexies! :)
What size are they?
Carol

Ada Kopitopoulou said...

Lovely flowers, such bright colours!Nice to have some time to do hand work.