This weekend we had loads of family round - my parents and brother came to stay for the long weekend and on Sunday 17 of us sat down to dinner including a six-year-old, a 13-month-old and Mia. Of course that meant not much sewing time, but here and there I have done a few stitches.
I've been working a lot on my Neon Stained quilt. I'm free motion quilting each block using a variety of fillers - Pinterest has been invaluable for inspiration and I've got a board dedicated to quilting inspiration
Progress is being made but you can't see it very well from the front - I've quilted all the pink and all the orange.
The back shows it better - I love this Ikea print.
The green and yellow are still to do and my aim is next Monday when I'm showing a local group how to free motion quilt - this will be a great way to show them the results - I'm nowhere near perfect but the practice I'm getting from this quilt is really helping.
All of this practice will come in handy - yesterday I managed to baste the monster that is my City Sampler quilt. And with all the family here for the weekend I finally got it photographed!
I used a microstitch gun to baste for the first time - we basted four quilts in total - one that my mother-in-law has made, which I'm going to quilt, my Three Peaks quilt, the Arabella Hexagon quilt and the City Sampler. Once I make a start on quilting I'll have a fuller idea of how successful it is, but the actual act of basting was just so easy and straight forward. If quilting goes well I could be a convert!
Linking up with WIP Wednesday.