Wednesday, 23 July 2014

A swappy finish

Yep - another finish! I have finished my item for the Big Stitch Swap. The brief was hand sewing and I think I've kept to that brief - hand embroidery, hand pieced EPP and a touch of hand quilting.


All put together in a fabric basket.


I used the tutorial from Pink Penguin, but made it a bit bigger.


The lining is a sewing-themed fabric from Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater. I hope my partner likes it!


This finish is my goal for July for ALYoF and was on my Finish Along list for Q3! A Lovely Year of Finishes
Finish Along 2014

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a cute little basket. I am sure she will love it.

Leanne said...

What a great way to show off the embroideries. Maybe I will be your lucky partner as I love it.

Kay said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I have made that pattern lots of times for friends but you have taken it to a new level with the lovely embroidery. I am sure your partner will love it. x

Lin said...

That basket pattern is a real winner isn't it! xx

Anita said...

Lovely basket!

Patti said...

Gorgeous basket, and the blocks are fabulous!

desertskyquilts said...

Love your basket! Congrats on meeting your July goal. Feels good, eh?