Saturday, 30 August 2014

Harrogate 2014

Yesterday we took a trip to Harrogate for the annual Quilt Show. As well as making a few purchases.... there were some beautiful quilts on display. Lots were very traditional, including the first place bed quilt
By Liz Villalobos, quilted by Kay Bell
But a few more modern quilts (modern in my opinion) got in too
Colour Wheel by Liz Merckel (ribbons for piecing and Judges Choice)

Simply Red Stars by Chris Day

Line Dancing by Maureen Crawford (ribbons for sampler and Judges Choice)
And it was great to see another Tula Pink City Sampler - I loved the colouring
Tula Pink for Cara by Elizabeth Cutts
And I love the quilting on this one - inspirational
Nebula by Christine Marriage


Maybe I'll enter one of my quilts next year...

[If your quilt is featured here and you would like me to remove the photograph, please just let me know.]

5 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

What a wonderful day you spent with such interesting quilts. The quilting on Nebula is so spectacular!

Ada Kopitopoulou said...

Love the Simply Red Stars! So nice to be able to visit a quilt show. We have to organize one in Greece too!

Kay said...

Just lovely and so inspsirational. x

Lin said...

Thanks Jennie - some lovely quilt pictures there. xx

Leanne said...

Thank you for sharing the quilts from the show, they are lovely!