|Sat on the back of the chair on my neon stained quilt|
waiting patiently for a photo shoot!
I love love love the texture of the quilting - I did free motion matchstick quilting in the background, alternating between horizontal and vertical lines, and I left the crosses themselves unquilted, so they really pop.
I'd love to say the free motion quilting went smoothly. It did for most of the cushion. I didn't change a thing. And then suddenly it started skipping stitches. So I cleaned it out and changed the needle. And it kept doing. I rethreaded, rewound the bobbin, tried a different thread, in case the machine didn't like amber... nothing worked. I was rather miffed. In the end I put the speed up to high on a practice sandwich and it didn't skip once. But then why didn't it skip once on the lower speed for the first three quarters of the cushion. I reckon men design sewing machines with this kind of inexplicable problem so that they get tea made whilst their wives are busy fuming. But I finished it!
Somewhere I have a backing for this cushion. However with the move to a new sewing space it. could. be. anywhere. Hopefully this will soon be another finish for you! The move had another effect - I couldn't sew for nearly four days and now my head is buzzing with new ideas I want to try out. You may see another rash of new starts in the next few weeks!
And speaking of finishes, I finally got a cushion pad for the enormous cushion I finished last month - the down cushions were cheaper than the nasty poly ones. It is soooo comfy!
Linking up with WIP Wednesday!