It's a Rosalie Quinlan design that I bought at least two years ago (I think) and it hit the spot. Just the night before I'd been sat in front of the TV itching to do some embroidery, but Mia's advent calendar was finished and I didn't fancy working with the huge frame which my other long-term embroidery project is on.... This packet included the design pre-printed onto linen, and the thread. All I had to do was add the interfacing, and start sewing!
Add to those advantages the following: no colour changes - it's all stitched in two strands of Cosmo embroidery thread; no complex stitches - much as I enjoyed the challenges of Mia's advent calendar, the fact that this uses only backstitch, cross stitch, the odd French knot and a tiny amount of satin stitch was a huge plus. And then the miracle that I found a festive embroidery design at the start of December and it had to be done.
I've been working on it most nights since last Wednesday and I'm over halfway done - this is the latest photo I have.
I love it - it's so relaxing and exactly what I needed! This will definitely be finished for Christmas 2015! Linking up with WIP Wednesday!