If you had told me back in January, that I would have be nearly up to date with this project come December, I think I might have laughed at you! Despite everything that has happened in my life this year, I am just a few day's blocks behind at the moment and will easily catch them up in the coming days.
But today I can share the next milestone in this quilt: the next round of borders, a dark one made up of mostly 3" blocks, with a sprinkle of 6"ers is now finished. It's not attached yet, due to the nature of the corner blocks, but laid out you can see the effect.
Not only am I surprised that I am up to date, I'm also surprised that the colour vision I had in my head back in January is now looking so good.
Speaking of the corner blocks, when I took this photo on Monday, I had only completed three of them - and they were three of the most complicated blocks I have ever made: there wasn't anything particularly difficult - the techniques used have been practiced and perfected throughout the year, but each block had so many pieces and so many steps and so many different techniques - they were a real workout. And then I made the fourth block. It made the other three seem easy.
I like it, but I won't be making it again! Here are all four monster blocks.
I can't wait to share a finished quilt top with you in a few weeks time!