Skip to main content

November [review]

Well that month flew by, didn't it? I got loads of sewing done - not just blocks, but actual, real-life finishes!

The #100days100blocks ended on 24th November and I have 178 blocks now waiting to be sashed. God bless black Friday - I managed to get the fabric for sashing at a reasonable price! It's a shame that I hate this next step, and the idea of sashing three quilts does not fill me with joy. I think I will put this off until the new year! I've also been working on my Splendid Sampler blocks (see my last post), and the #365quiltchallenge blocks - the  next border is just about ready to share! I completed my first two Farmers Wife blocks in a few months too. I've made good progress on the Modern Building Blocks QAL - lots of little blocks left to go on this one - this is the top half of that quilt


But the finishes!


So from the top: my Bee-utiful Mini quilt; Hugo's quilt; Goodnight Improv quilt; Jane Austen cushion; Orla's quilt; ugly Christmas jumper pincushion; Inside Addition quilt


And I finished the log cabin quilt. I love this photo taken at the beach!

I joined in with a quilt along to make the Get Cozy mini - I made a slight alteration, and I've ordered some more fabric to make this into a toddler quilt.


December will be different again - lots of Christmassy preparations and I go back to work after my maternity leave! We'll see what the final month of 2016 brings with it!


Comments

I hope your return to work goes smoothly x
P.S. Maybe you could add the sashing strips as a leader/ender project while sewing other blocks?

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more