Monday, 9 January 2012

Stars, stars and more stars


Yesterday I finally made a start on my latest new project for 2011 - the Oh My Stars Quilt. I'm using Moda's Dogwood Trail fabric and I'm making mostly the basic star block. I've made one pinwheel block and I really like it, so I think there'll be some more of them. Of the 111 blocks I need for the quilt I have made four 12inch blocks, four 4" blocks and one 8" block. 101 to go!


As I said in my last post, when justifying my joining another quilt-along, I have finished a quilt top this year. Linda - if you're reading this, please stop now! This is the Melrose fabric from Red Rooster.



The quilt went together really quickly but I had a lot of bother getting the grey points on the individual blocks to line up - no matter how many pins I put in they kepyt slipping - any tips? I was getting fed up of attaching borders after the third one, but I think it was well worth it in the end. I'll get the batting and backing later this week, and I think I'll go for wavy line quilting - I haven't mastered anything else yet! I have loads of fabric left so I may make a couple of matching cushions too. Maybe a pieced back as well....


There are so many wonderful quilt alongs and projects being started at the moment. It's so tempting to join them all. But I really must stop. So the Swoon quilt is my last one. Honest. I am swinging towards cutting into my Happy Mochi Yum Yum fabric that I ordered from the US and making a quilt for me. I shall have a look for some background fabric later this week and once I've decided I'll post some photos here.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love your Oh My Stars! Very pretty