Well, not often anyway. I pre-washed the fabric for Mum's yellow tablecloth. I even pre-washed the wadding because we were trying to avoid the crinkly-quilt look because it would be a tablecloth.
I pre-washed the fabrics for Steph's quilt, because they were batiks. (note to self - MUST get a move on with this quilt!)
I didn't pre-wash the batiks for my Farmer's Wife.
A risk, I know. It could seriously have backfired.
Tonight was the night I found out whether this was a huge mistake.... or whether I had got away with it. I put in eight colour catchers! They went in white. Here's how they came out.
Of course, if it had been a huge disaster, I wouldn't be writing this post. The risk paid off and I now have a slightly crinkly and very soft Farmer's Wife Quilt. This was seconds after it came out of the tumble drier - it was sooooo warm I couldn't resist it - yes that's me in there - I look slimmer hidden in a quilt!
And here is the traditional rolled quilt shot!