Skip to main content

Q4: How did I do?

I don't mean to sound big-headed, but pretty well! The quarter started with 35 (yes, I know) projects on The List. I have one final finish to share with you and link up this list. It's perhaps the easiest finish of the quarter yet I left it to the last minute - my embroidery - Lists



It took me a full 30 minutes to get this in the hoop and the hoop finished off. The pattern is from Lilipopo Embroidery and was a free pattern for an Embroider-Along.

Butterfly Baby Quilt: I got this finished just after Christmas and when I posted it on Instagram the recipient liked it!!! She doesn't know it's for her, so I'm looking forward to getting this one in the post!


Boat Baby Quilt: Another post-Christmas finish!


The quilt with the royal blue background has fallen by the way side. I still need to make a baby quilt, but I'm on the look out for another pattern; the Preppy the Whale quilt is half pieced - I have a lot of left facing whales, but no right facing whales...; and the Trellis Baby Quilt still needs to be basted, quilted and bound, so I'll roll this over into Q1 2015, but hopefully no further. I'm disappointed that I made very little progress with the Aspen Glow quilt either.

Vice Versa: I got it done! In secret! Right up until Christmas day I was telling Michael that there was no way I could get it finished and how sorry I was and bad I felt that he wouldn't be getting it, whilst secretly desperately trying to get it finished in the background.

The Essential Sampler Quilt isn't finished. But I've made it my goal for January in A Lovely Year of Finishes and hopefully will meet that target - it's an important part of my quilting journey and I love to call it finished. In just the last two days I've made huge progress!

The Joy Jelly Roll Quilt was finished quite early in the quarter, and I was looking forward to having it on the sofa over Christmas. It was finished: quilted, bound. And then I washed it. And it shrunk horrifically. You can read about the disaster here. I have now started unquilting it. So don't be surprised if this reappears on a list, because one day I will finish unquilting it, and I will replace the wadding, and I will requilt it and bind it. But don't hold your breath.

Mix Tape Quilt: this was another early finish. It was given to a young girl waiting for a heart transplant. Chloe got her new heart and is well on the road to recovery. She came home from hospital on Christmas Eve.


Wild Flowers: I'm still hand-quilting this one and it will take a few more weeks I think. And I have no idea what to bind it with either!

Teardrop Mini: A spur of the moment start which took a while to get finished, mostly because I forgot to buy any fabric to bind it and didn't have what I wanted in my stash.


Slainte Mini Quilt: I finished this to hide a hole in the wall which I couldn't be bothered to fill in, so it looked better for Christmas. No kidding.


Preppy the Whale Mini: a practice run for the full size baby quilt that is not finished.... Mia has already claimed this quilt

Wedding mini quilt... this requires so little effort to get it finished. I think. But I haven't done it.

Instagram Mini Swap: of course this one got finished. I posted it at the end of November and got a fabulous quilt in return from Julie of Distant Pickles.

The Elephant cushion had a lot of hand stitching to get it finished, so was perfect while we had company at Christmas and this is now finished.

Jennie Rayment Wall Hanging - another UFO finished. And christened "Batik Dragon" by my husband (well, he picked the dragon bit anyway!)

"If you can't stand the heat" mini: finished and gifted. I love the embroidery designs from Urban Threads!

Sew Together Bag: batiks: this was the first of the Sew Together bags I finished...

Sew Together Bag: hexagons: ...by the time I made this one I had it down pat,

Sew Together Bag: Owls: ...but I was kind of glad this was the last one I had planned to make.

Zippy Pouch: autumn leaves. Another fabulous Urban Threads design

Zippy Pouch: sewing machine: I love this little embroidery - I may have to do this again.

Zippy Pouch: Flying Geese: Another one I may have to make again for me!

The remaining zippy pouches I intended to make  didn't get done and probably never will now... the moment has passed.

Hydrangea Wedding Sampler: Lots and lots of French knots and lazy daisy stitches

Advent Calendar: James: I finished this with plenty of time to spare...

Advent Calendar: Ellie-Jo... this one went down to the wire!

Secret Sewing: This is still secret and unfinished. It will, however, be reappearing on my next list!

So I completed 23 out of 35 projects - I'm pretty pleased with that! How did you do?


Finish Along 2014

Comments

Marly said…
What only 23 finished?!!! Just kidding: your sewing speed takes my breath away.That's tough about you Jelly Roll quilt. Perhaps you could ask some Australian bloggers for advice about using wool wadding - it seems to be the wadding of choice there (so many sheep).
Wendy said…
that is an amazing result! I managed 2 out of 9!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more