I was expecting the blocks to be pretty familiar, but with the exception of the favourite Churn Dash and a another couple, each was new to me. Most used the square in a square block or flying geese units with clever colour placement and created fabulous blocks. Here are a couple of my favourites
I have to confess that I didn't follow the instructions from the point where I read to cut the fabric to one-sixteenth accuracy for the 12" blocks... I looked at the pictures and worked out the maths for myself. I foundation pieced the square in a square blocks and the blocks made from three triangles (not sure if they have a name) as I know I get better accuracy that way. And it worked - It's been a while since I made a quilt with such all-round good points.
The finished top is 30" x 39". The fabrics are a mixture from my stash. I think the white is Kona Snow, with four other Kona's for the coloured sashing (I can't remember which). I've then used Architextures and Botanics by Carolyn Friedlander, Comma by Zen Chic, Cotton and Steel basics, Michael Miller Tiles, Sketch and Pearl Bracelets.
And because I haven't shared a photo of Mia for a while, here she is - 11 months old yesterday.