I''m not finding much time for sewing at the moment and most of the time I do find I'm using to finish up a couple of swaps. But on Saturday evening I started a new project! I shared it briefly on Saturday when I posted my Finish Along List (which I nearly forgot to link up!), but I'm so pleased with it that I think it deserves a post of it's own.
It's the first block from the Power of Nine block of the Month
And I love it. The original block is 12" but I've shrunk it to 6" and I'll use the same layout but as a baby size quilt. I have to confess that I didn't follow the instructions very well. The instructions for the 12" version involve cutting with an accuracy to a sixteenth of an inch. I don't think so. I cut to an eighth of an inch but no further (my ruler doesn't have markings for anything more). So rather than make life even more complicated with the shrinking to 6", I quickly drew up some foundation piecing templates and used those instead. It's effectively nine square-in-a-square blocks with clever colour placement.
I still have 11 blocks to go but I love how the first one turned out and as soon as the swaps are finished I'm looking forward to making block 2! These are the rest of my fabrics.
Linking up with WIP Wednesday