Friday, 27 February 2015

I made a hat

Like an actual hat. One I can wear in public. I only have phone selfies to prove it though...

I wore it out an about today.

The pattern is from Love Patchwork and Quilting Magazine (the latest issue) and I knew as soon as I saw it, that I would be making one. I ordered bias tape. And it took 2 weeks to arrive. But it did arrive yesterday ad by bedtime I had a finished hat.

I used a grey Art Gallery print for the outside, and a bright pink texty/dressmaking fabric for the lining!



It went together much easier than I expected: the parts that took longest were cutting it out using templates (yuck - templates) and hand stitching down the bias tape to finish it off. The biggest challenges were trying to press the seams - impossible! And attaching the self-cover button. I made the medium sized hat having measured my head, but it was way too big, so I added a small pleat to the back panel - it looks fine, though is still a bit loose.

I bought fabric today to make another one - I'm thinking brown with lime green lining! But this time the small size!

1 comment:

Allison said...

It's a very chic hat Jennie - looks great. And great to get on and make something from a new magazine before it gets lost in a pile of old one's!