Monday, 2 March 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes [March goal]

I've had a browse through the remainder of my Finish Along list for Q1 and picked out a quilt I really should finish: it's a baby quilt, but if I take much longer, the recipient won't be a baby any more... Preppy the Whale needs to be swimming off into the distance!

All of the whales are pieces and yesterday I started working on the sashing - I really don't enjoy sashing, so it hasn't moved as quickly as it could have done.

Normally I go out to sew on a Monday evening and I often use these few hours to layer up quilts, but next week I won't be going so I need to work out how to get this done. And how to get it marked - I'm going to quilt a cross hatch grid, but find I get better results if I mark each line, rather than relying on quilting guides. And then life will get very busy with the house move, so this month could be one where I don't achieve my goals. Pop back in a few weeks to find out!

Linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes
  My Button

7 comments:

MartiDIY said...

I love the whale blocks! So cute. Looks like the hardest part is done, but moving is a lot of work so don't beat yourself up if you don't get it done. More important to get moved with all your stuff.

Anja said...

Love your Preppy the Whales. Good luck with your goal.

SuperMomNoCape said...

I love your whale blocks! Moving does have a way of totally disrupting a person's life but just think, if you finish the quilt, it could be sent off to it's new home with no need to pack it or unpack it. Best of luck finishing and with your move.

pennydog said...

Hoping for a finish for you, Preppy is such a cute pattern.

Allison said...

The whale block is great and well worth the effort to finish. Have you tried using strips of masking tape as a quilting guide instead of marking straight lines for quilting? I find it works well and speeds up the whole process too :-)

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Awww, Preppy is so cute!! That is going to be adorable!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Good luck. Those are cute whales!