I introduced you to this little project a couple of weeks ago. I prepared and stitched three or four in a relatively short space of time, then I started on the French knot hoop and progress slowed. Here's the current state of that particular monster:
This little hoop seemed to be a bit of a roadblock, so rather than waiting to finish it before starting some more, yesterday I started another one:
I've loved this foundation pieced design since Juliet released it and this was the perfect excuse to have a try. I reduced the pattern to 70% so it fit in a hoop and used some Kona solids and a new purple fabric. It seemed to take forever to work out the size of the pieces of fabric I needed, cut the fabric, and trace the pattern (I use freezer paper for my foundation patterns and can't be bothered to work out how to print on it, so I trace the patterns and it doesn't really take too long). But by bedtime yesterday I had my finished girl with a brolly. I cut two lots of fabric, as I intend to make myself a little matching mug rug. Tonight I've used the rest of the light blue fat quarter and put her in a hoop. I'm going to add a bit of quilting (though I've only added interfacing not batting).
And the next hoop will involve buttons!
I still have loads of idea (and less and less time before the move on 4th April - we haven't started packing our house yet!), so watch this space for some more hoops soon. Oh yes, and this happened today. Must. Not. Start. Yet.
Linking up with WIP Wednesday