Skip to main content

Teeny Tiny Pinnie Parade

If you're on Instagram you might have seen a flurry of teeny tiny pincushions recently.... there's been a bit of a party, and I couldn't help but join in! I took the opportunity to make some tiny pincushions for my guild buddies for our recent retreat (more on that to come!).


Here are most of the pinnies all together, but the hexagon one below was made a bit later so missed the group show. It's made from a tutorial by @cloudtori and uses some Zuma fabric and Tula Pink Designer Solids.


This scrap of Alison Glass fabric was begging for some embroidery and I know just the person who loves green


I couldn't resist this little frog so made him into a teeny tiny polaroid block


A scrap of Liberty left over from my Summer Sampler cobined with some really lovely Essex Linen and the cutest pink button.


A pineapple. Of course. He's a little but wonky....


This is one of two tiny embroidered pinnies each finishing at 1.5" square. The denim is the offcuts from making the boxed corners of the Lola Pouch and I used this one as a zipper pull for that pouch.


I couldn't throw away the scrap with the fountain pen...


...Nor this Unicorn.


I made a couple more Liberty and linen pincushions, but don't seem to have photographed them: one has already been gifted and I think I'll keep the other one for myself. I suspect there will be more tiny pincushions in my future! Some of the ones made by others for the parade were inspiring - check out #teentinypinnieparade on Instgram

Comments

Susie said…
They're so cute and colourful. (do you mean to have a halo type ring over your blog? it shows that way on my screen and is quite distracting unfortunately. It may be the way my bloglovin feed shows it. I'm not sure).

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more