Wednesday, 1 August 2012

July

It's 1st August. And that means that it's nearly time for Sidmouth!!!!!!

But before we head off on holiday, I have time to wrap up July, which was a bumper sewing month! I'm linking up to Lily's Quilts for this post:

Lily's Quilts

I have finished three quilts: Swoon and Oh My Stars (which I still haven't fully revealed - hopefully tomorrow). I free motion quilted both and attached the binding by hand - that was a lot of meters of binding! And Joshua's quilt - a rather large baby quilt, which I grid quilted. All of these three count towards my 3rd Quarter finish-along.

I started a fair few projects too: I started a Jelly Roll hexagon quilt from Papillon by Moda
I started the Sew Intertwined QAL in greens and purples.
I started a jelly roll Dresden quilt in Ruby by Moda

And I made the fantastic Desperate House Wives block for Stash Bee - I am totally in love with this block!

For August I've prepared some embroidery - two quilt labels for Swoon and O.M.S. and a new header for my blog. I've also prepared some EPP hexies. And once we're back from holiday I have a few more porjects on my finish along list to be concentrating on, as well as the new starts from this month and another baby quilt!

3 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

That's been a busy month for you, have a great holiday :o)

Cherie said...

Some fun projects there!
Hope you have an amazing time on your break! =D

AlyceB said...

Wow, you've been busy! The Intertwined blocks are great - so effective!